Leaders turn to Lisa Diaz when they need to shape ideas into strategies and create an organizational culture that unites teams and positions them to thrive. With more than 20 years of experience, Lisa guides organizations and leaders through the rigorous exploration of values, mission, vision, goals and impact, using processes and tools that advance and align their teams. Her probing, insightful questions spark conversation and creative thinking, and her customized approach is responsive, flexible and timely, based on client needs.
Laura is the resident research enthusiast, bringing evidence and data to help education leaders and teams solve real problems of practice. She has 10+ years of experience working in K-12 and higher education research, technical assistance, and project management. Recently, Laura led the publications work of a USDOE-funded resource center. Laura managed and wrote reports and toolkits […]
Lauren is passionate about ensuring that all students have equal access to high-quality education opportunities. As a lawyer with over 10 years of experience, Lauren is an expert in legal analysis and policy development, project management, strategic planning, and equitable stakeholder engagement. Lauren previously served as a Senior Policy Specialist at WestEd where she was […]
Stephanie brings experience from an educator’s perspective to Lumen Impact Group. As an educator for 9 years, Stephanie worked in both charter and traditional public schools in Michigan and South Carolina teaching in urban, suburban and rural environments.
Cori has worked in education for the last 13 years, as a teacher, researcher, project manager, and consultant. Recently, Cori worked on special projects for First 8 Memphis, a pre-k advocacy organization in Memphis, Tennessee. Cori also served as a research associate at The George Washington University for six years where she conducted two longitudinal […]
For the last five years, Lauren has worked in education as a 7th Grade ELA teacher in a South Carolina public school. Throughout her tenure, she served as department chair and as a member of multiple school- and district-level leadership teams. Lauren’s recent experience as a classroom teacher gives her a unique perspective on what […]
1. Resilience | We believe that great impact requires grit in the face of challenges.
2. Commitment | We believe in always giving clients our best to ensure that they walk away from an experience with us feeling that they’ve won the lotto; we deliver this kind of commitment without significant sacrifice to our personal lives or overcommitting to clients.
3. Teamwork | We believe that good teams are constantly evolving groups that require work and transparency to thrive.
4. Self-care | We believe that if our personal “tanks” are low it impacts our success, so we want work schedules that allow us to provide great client service, but also afford us opportunity to spend important time refilling our tanks.
5. Impact | We believe our work will be more rewarding if our focus remains on impact. We want our work to lead to sustained change for the organizations we support.